Oakland currently has multiple ministry opportunities.
Because the music program has always been a vital part of Oakland Presbyterian Church’s worship experience, the Worship Leader position is an important role in continuing that ministry. The Worship Leader directs and advances our music program by drawing from our hymned tradition while also incorporating contemporary worship music and instrumentation to craft a powerful, spirit filled worship service. The position reports to the Pastor and requires 6-10 hours per week. Salary will be determined based on experience. Performance and compensation will reviewed annually by the personnel committee.
- Incorporate both traditional and contemporary music to create a blended worship experience that reflects our Presbyterian traditions while following the guidance to “sing to the Lord a new song”
- Coordinate with the Pastor and dedicated volunteers to plan the themes for worship
- Coordinate special music guests or ensembles for worship
- Serve as director of the Chancel Choir
- Seek and select music for the choir
- Schedule and conduct weekly choir rehearsal (Currently held on Tuesday evenings)
- Create additional music program as appropriate
- With the Worship Committee, develop a yearly budget for the music programs
- Identify and develop musical gifts and talents within the congregation.
- Participate on the Worship Committee
- Preferred but not Required: Lead music program at Vacation Bible School
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor
The office administrator works at the Church Office and reports directly to the Pastor. The job is part- time (20 hours a week). Specific daily hours will be negotiated with the Pastor. The office is closed for Federal Holidays. Salary will be determined based on experience. Performance and compensation will reviewed annually by the personnel committee.
- General administration support for the Pastor and ministry team leaders.
- The design and publication of Oakland communications and documents, including weekly worship
bulletins, announcement slides and emails, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Maintain membership directory and contact information via church software platform and programs.
- Manage various church calendars by fielding and initially vetting all building use requests from both
Oakland ministry teams and outside organizations.
- Maintain files and equipment. Order office supplies and other resources requested by ministry team
- Receive and review invoices, prepare checks for the treasurer’s signature, and mail payments.
- Work with Treasurer to close out yearend protocols.
- Answer telephones, screen calls and emails, refer callers/visitors to appropriate individuals.
- Be alert to maintenance issues and report to Property Team and coordinate outside vendors.
- Preferred but not required: Maintain church website updates
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor or ministry team leaders.