Oakland Presbyterian Church is seeking a Youth Minister to make more and better disciples of our young people. You will do so by building relationships with students, while creating and coordinating programs and processes that attract non-believers and grow believers.While excellent programs are important, the goal of the Minister is to regularly hear and tell stories of someone coming to faith in Jesus or taking significant steps of spiritual growth. Therefore, Oakland’s Youth Minister must first have a vibrant, Jesus-loving, fun-creating, spiritual-reproducing faith that they can cultivate in teenagers. Jesus came to save, not to bore us with facts about God, and so you must be able to communicate the abundant life Jesus offers.
The Youth Coordinator reports directly to the Pastor to coordinate mission and vision. The position requires 12-16 hours a week. Compensation based on experience, minimum of $14.00 per hour.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead weekly programming for Middle and High School Youth Group that is attractive to believers and non-believers (including selection of curriculum and coordination of volunteers).
- Find ways to lead the youth in accomplishing the mission of Oakland (ex. Vacation Bible School, Worship Participation, and church ministries).
- Train and support adult volunteers, such that they grow in their faith and their ability to lead others.
- Serve on the Christian Education Team.
- Research and coordinate camps, conferences, retreats, and mission trips for our youth.
- Plan and execute special Youth Fundraisers and Events.
- An infectious trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior manifested as growing relationship with Jesus.
- A passion for young people and an awareness of the complexity life as a modern teenager.
- Must have strong relational skills.
- Gifted in oral and written communication.
- Experience in a vibrant, successful, dynamic Youth ministry with testimonies of lives changed.
- Ability to manage volunteer staff and youth.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.