Questions to Guide Your Study:
- Why do you think the Serious religious folk wanted signs so badly? Had Jesus given them signs previously? Instead of signs what should they be focused on? How are we like the sign-craving people?
- How is Jesus is Greater than Jonah? We read Jonah earlier this year, but it might be helpful to reread Jonah 1-4 to compare Jonah with what you know of Jesus?
- How would you describe Jonah’s attitude? His preaching? His follow-up with the Ninevites? How does this compare to Jesus?
- Hebrews is a book about Jesus being Better than everyone in the Old Testament. Heb 1:1-4 says we have the clearest picture of God, and so how are we “more guilty” if we ignore God’s gospel according to Heb 2?
- How does Hebrews 3 compare Jesus to Moses? What are the major differences? How is Jesus greater than Moses?
- What benefits do we have because of Jesus that the Ninevites didn’t have with Jonah and the Israelites didn’t have with Moses? How should this change our celebration of Christmas? Do you celebrate Christmas like you’ve been given the clearest, greatest gift ever given to humanity?
- How can we soften our hearts and encourage one another to hold firmly to Jesus this Christmas?
If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book. If you want dig a deeper into the Bible, download this Guide to Inductive Bible Study.