DAY 1 – Hebrews 11:30; Joshua 5:13 – Joshua 6 – Pray for the Character of our National Leaders
DAY 2 – 2 Chronicles 20 – Worship God in the face of your enemies
DAY 3 – Psalm 149 – Pray for God to provide singers, musicians, and directors for our musical worship at Oakland
DAY 4 – Acts 16:16-40 – Pray for incarcerated Christians in the U.S. and abroad
DAY 5 – Ephesian 6:10-20 – Pray for Strength to get up again
While we were not gathering in our building every week, many of us had to take responsibility for our spiritual lives in deeper way than ever before. We have to intentionally feed ourselves spiritually if we want to PERSEVERE.
- When has God saved you from one enemy only to another roadblock? When have you run into an “unconquerable” foe?
- What made Jericho so formidable? Why was it so important to conquer Jericho?
- What weapon did the Israelites use to defeat Jericho? What weapon will you use in your battles against bigger foes? Why did they march in silence except for the music? What does this teach us about music and silence?
- How do you feel about God putting everyone to death in Jericho?
- What similarities are there between Jericho and 2 Chron 20? Who does the fighting in 2 Chron 20? Who’s fighting your battles? When threats arise, what do the Israelites do? When threats arise in your life, what do you do? Who can stand before the Lord with you and your family? What group can you call to gather around you?
- When do the Israelites worship? When do you worship?
- What do we learn about worship in Psalm 149? What does worship do to us? To God? To God’s enemies? How have you experienced these things?
- What amazes you in Acts 16? How would you respond if you were Paul and Silas? What would you have done in jail? When have you seen people sing under oppression and jail? When have you?
- Why would God give us spiritual armor? What are these pieces and how do we use them? How do we put them on? What are we supposed to do once we put them on? How are Standing and Persevering related?