Questions to Guide Your Study:
- This week, we’ll keep the readings short to encourage concentrated study. These are pivotal but often overlooked verses.
- How does Jesus FEEL about the crowds? What motivates his mission? What motivates his appointment of the apostles? How do you feel about non-Christians? What motivates your mission?
- What does Jesus call “the Harvest”? Who are the workers? How hard do workers labor at Harvest? Why do they work so hard?
- Before Jesus gives the disciples instructions, what does he give them (vs 1)? If you’re not comfortable sharing the gospel, why is this important and good news?
- List Jesus’ instructions for the disciples step by step. Next to each, think about WHY Jesus includes this step. And journal about how you should obey each of these instructions. Which makes you most uncomfortable? Which is most exciting?
- In 1 Peter 2 and 2 Corinthians 5, what is the natural impulse of saved people? What motivates us to share the gospel?
- Write down 3 names of real people you will pray for and try to start a God-conversation with.
If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book. If you want dig a deeper into the Bible, download this Guide to Inductive Bible Study.