Questions to Guide You:
- Last week, we read about temptation and Jesus’ fight with Satan’s temptations. How is this week’s reading a continuation of that fight? What actions attack the Devil’s kingdom and build Jesus’?
- How does the Bible describe people before Jesus shows up on the scene? After?
- Why does Jesus preach the same sermon John the Baptist did?
- Jesus calls James, John, Andrew, and Peter to follow him. What does it mean to follow? How did they follow Jesus? How do we?
- What did it cost the disciples to follow Jesus according to Matt 4 and Luke 18? What does it cost us? What sacrifices should we make?
- What is so awesome that it is worth following Jesus and sacrificing?
- What does Paul say about the people called by Jesus in 1 Cor 1? Does that sound accurate about the disciples? About us?
- According to Ps. 103, what is God like? What does God do? What does God not do? How does Jesus fit the description in Ps 103?
- What does 2 Cor 1:3-5 promise us in affliction? How have you experienced this?
For a printer-friendly copy of this reading plan, including sample questions to augment your study of Scripture, Download the PDF.