Questions to Guide Your Study:
- Imagine for a second, how hard it is to move a paralytic adult without a wheelchair. What does that say about these friends?
- Whose faith is Jesus noticing and commending with healing?
- How would you feel as a paralytic coming for healing, if all Jesus said was, “your sins are forgiven?” Why does Jesus say this?
- Why are people so mad that Jesus forgives sins? When someone sins against you, you have the right to forgive, but can someone else forgive them instead of you?
- What does Hebrews 10 say can cover sins?
- What do the people wonder at in verse 8?
- Should we be surprised that Jesus eats with “sinners”? Who are these “sinners”? Why does he eat with them?
- In 1 Tim 1:15, Paul names himself the “Worst Sinner” how is that true of all Christians? How is it true of you?
- Who is Jesus calling, “the Bridegroom” and how is it connected to Is 54?
- Last week, we read Jonah 1; this week we’ll also read Jonah 2.
If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book. If you want dig a deeper into the Bible, download this Guide to Inductive Bible Study.