Questions to Guide Your Study:
- Which verse in Matthew 7:13-29 grabs your attention? Which verse will you memorize? Write it down.
- Jesus uses 3 different images to talk about 2 groups of people, what are the characteristics of those people? What does each simile teach us about these people?
- What do you think the “narrow gate” and the “broad road” represent?
- What do the people in verse 22 trust will give them access to Heaven? What does Jesus claim they lack? So what is necessary?
- What is the difference between the people on the rock and the sand? What does James say in 1:22-25 about these 2 groups of people? Where are you?
- What is one way you can “put these things into practice” this week? Write it down.
- How do you think we are like the men who use “Jesus’ name” ignorantly in Acts 19? What things do we have that we could and should burn now that we’re following Jesus?
- How can we identify false prophets, preachers, and teachers?
For a printer-friendly copy of this reading plan, including sample questions to augment your study of Scripture, Download the PDF. If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book.