Questions to Guide Your Study:
- To this point, Jesus has healed sick people, not dead people; how would you describe this ruler’s faith?
- How is Jesus raising the little girl to life like Elijah raising the boy? How is Jesus greater than even Elijah?
- This little girl died again, so why did Jesus raise her at all? What was the point? Are you ready to die?
- Matt 9:27-34 recount the healing of blind men. So does John 9. Rev 3 talks about spiritual blindness. How are we that see, sometimes blind? How are we “in the dark”? See 2 Cor 4:4 for more info.
- What was the woman feeling as she approached Jesus? How desperate is she? How hopeful? What has her life been like for 12 years? Lev 15:25-30 give the Old Testament laws concerning her.
- In these stories, we see people believe Jesus can do the impossible, but do you believe Jesus still does the impossible?
- What one thing do you need from Jesus? Not a luxury, but a need? Do you believe Jesus can do it? Will you love him even if he doesn’t?
- Will you be a harvester?
If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book. If you want dig a deeper into the Bible, download this Guide to Inductive Bible Study.