Questions to Guide Your Study:
- Last week Jesus performed 3 miracles showing he is King Over Sickness and the Body. This week he performs 2 miracles, which prove he is King Over ______?
- How would you feel if you were the disciples in the storm? Remember these are fishermen, who know the waters?
- What does it say that Jesus was asleep through it all?
- Why did they wake him up? What does it say that Jesus woke up and acted?
- How much faith do the disciples have? Is it enough?
- To whom do Ps 107 and Ps 65 ascribe power over the storm and sea? What does this say about Jesus?
- James 2:19 is a crazy statement. How do the demons in Mt 8, demonstrate it?
- Americans don’t talk much about “demons.” What do you learn about demons from this text? What do you think about demons?
- Why do the people ask Jesus to leave? How does Jesus respond to requests in this chapter?
For a printer-friendly copy of this reading plan, including sample questions to augment your study of Scripture, Download the PDF. If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book. If you want dig a deeper into the Bible, download this Guide to Inductive Bible Study.