The center column holds the main text for each day, while the right column includes secondary texts.
Basic Tips:1.) Use a translation you can understand. If new to the Bible, try the NIrV or The Message, which are both available online. 2.) Use a kids Bible with kids. 3.) Keep a pencil and notebook around to write down questions, observations, and conclusions. 4.) Have fun. Use your imagination and your brain.
FOR THE KING – Dance with Me? (Part 2)
Feel Good that Rejects Jesus
|Day 1||Matthew 14:1-12|
|Day 2||Prov 14:12||Prov 16:25|
|Day 3||Jer 17:9-10||Prov 28:26|
|Day 4||Phil 3:18-21||Judges 17:6|
|Day 5||Gal 5:16-26|
Questions to Guide You:
- What leads Herod (Antipas) to kill John the Baptist? What so overwhelms him that he rejects Jesus by murdering a prophet?
- Why did Herodias (Herod’s sister-in-law and wife) want to kill John? What do you think they desired out of life so much they would kill John? Where do you think their standards of right or wrong were based? In their own desires or “what seems right to me”?
- Why is Prov 14:12 so important it is repeated verbatim in Prov 16? When have you started on a path that seemed right, but ended in heartache? How do you think we avoid such paths?
- What does Jeremiah teach about the human heart and human mind? How is our heart “deceitful”?
- How is Prov 28:26 different from our culture’s “believe in yourself” mentality?
- What does Paul mean in Philippians, “their god is their stomach”? Do think he means that literally? Is he saying they are specifically obsessed with food or with human appetites and immediate gratification generally?
- Over and over again, Judges concludes that with no king, everyone does as they sit fit? How does accepting Jesus as King solve the problem?
- Galatians acknowledges that each of us wants to sin. Each of us wants to satisfy the desires of our flesh? What are we supposed to do about it? Again, what does this say about the trustworthiness of our desires and wants and “what feels natural or even genetic”? Practically, how do we follow the Spirit?