Questions to Guide You:
- What does it mean to be “blessed”? Who do you consider blessed? What are some blessings you pray for?
- Who does Jesus call blessed? Why do you think he calls these people blessed?
- How does Jesus’ “blessed” redefine the world “blessed?”
- In Luke 4, Jesus uses Isaiah 61:1-3, as his mission statement, how does he accomplish this in Matt 5?
- Where do you see the fruit of the Spirit around you? Who do you see producing the most?
- What do you think it means to “lead a quiet life” (1 Thess 4:9-12)? Why does he want us to lead such a life?
- When Jesus calls us Salt and Light, what do you think he means? What is Light good for? Salt? How is light and salt both a good thing and bad thing sometimes?
- Paul in 2 Cor 2:14-17, describes us as “aroma” that is pleasing to some and abhorrent to others. Why so?
For a printer-friendly copy of this reading plan, including sample questions to augment your study of Scripture, Download the PDF.