Questions to Guide You:
- (Ex 7:4-5) What two things will happen because of God’s signs?
- People in Egypt look to the Nile for life, so if it turns to blood, what do you think God is saying about the source of life and death?
- How do the plagues set Yahweh, the LORD, the God of Moses apart form the Egyptian gods?
- When the magicians reproduce the plague/sign, are they helping or hurting? Who brings the plague and relief from the plague?
- Who “hardens” Pharaoh’s heart? What does this teach us?
- Does Pharaoh ever recognize God’s finger at work or God’s power? What is the difference between this kind of recognition and real faith?
- What do these stories teach us about God’s Judgment and God’s Mercy? How are the two connected?
- The New Testament calls Jesus our Passover Lamb. How is he like the lambs used during the 10th Plague?
- God pronounces judgment not only on Pharaoh but also on the false gods of Egypt, what are our false gods and how is God exposing them?
For a printer-friendly copy of this reading plan, including sample questions to augment your study of Scripture, Download the PDF.