Questions to Guide You:
- As you read the passages this week, write down the verses that really stand out to you, that you need to hear this week.
- Think about John’s first sermon: “Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.” What do you think “repent” means?
- How is repenting like returning (Jer 3)? How is repenting connected to confessing (Matt 3:6)?
- According to Malachi, what kinds of things should we abandon and what things should we embrace?
- The “Kingdom of Heaven” is Matthew’s name for the “Kingdom of God.” Very simply, what is a literal kingdom, what makes a person or place part of that kingdom?
- Why do think John the Baptist is so angry with the Pharisees and Sadducees? Why have they come out to John the Baptizer? Does he baptize them? How is his message to them like Ezekiel 34?
- According to Isaiah 30:15, how do we find salvation and strength? How can you embrace those things this week?
For a printer-friendly copy of this reading plan, including sample questions to augment your study of Scripture, Download the PDF.