The center column holds the main text for each day, while the right column includes secondary texts.
Basic Tips:1.) Use a translation you can understand. If new to the Bible, try the NIrV or The Message, which are both available online. 2.) Use a kids Bible with kids. 3.) Keep a pencil and notebook around to write down questions, observations, and conclusions. 4.) Have fun. Use your imagination and your brain.
Questions to Guide You:
we will turn from the gift of singleness to the gift of children. Christianity honors children as a gift and as members of the community of faith. We will look at a theology of kids and our privileges as parents and members of the Church.
- How does Jesus interact with kids? Why do you think the disciples tried to chase them away? How are their difference actions indicative of different thinking about kids?
- How can we as parents, a society, and a church spend more time rebuking kids rather than welcoming, blessing, and celebrating them? How can we as parents and a community bless our kids?
- What does Psalm 127 and Prov 17:6 call children and grandchildren? How does viewing kids as “gifts from the LORD” change our relationships with them? How would we interact with them if we believed that all kids whether ours, others, or orphans were gifts from God to creation? How would our society change?
- How does “gift” language change our view of unloved or unwanted kids?
- Prov 22 and 19 tell us how we are to instruct our children? Children are not just a “gift” they are also a “calling.” That means they are a mission from God? What should we do for kids?
- Ps 8 talks about kids worshiping and praising God, and Deut 11 talks about teaching kids to worship. How do we teach kids and how do they teach us?
- Isaiah 54 is one my favorite chapters. How is it good news for those who are childless or wrestle through infertility? What is God’s promise to those who have no bio-kids here? What will he do through them?
If you are new to reading the Bible and would benefit from a brief orientation, download this How To Use This Book. If you want dig a deeper into the Bible, download this Guide to Inductive Bible Study.