DAY 1 – Daniel 1 – Pray for slaves worldwide
DAY 2 – Daniel 2 – Pray for God’s Kingdom to come
DAY 3 – Daniel 3 – Pray for courage
DAY 4 – Daniel 4 – Pray for humility
DAY 5 – Daniel 5 – Pray you’d be teachable
While we were not gathering in our building every week, many of us had to take responsibility for our spiritual lives in deeper way than ever before. We had to intentionally feed ourselves spiritually, when we could not depend on our Sunday School Teachers and Preachers to do so. So we’re going to send the next few weeks insuring that we know how to feed ourselves. This week, we’re going to practice Listening to God by praying God’s Word back to God.
- Before reading, on a scale from 1-10, how satisfied are you with your personal prayer life? How much do you feel like God hears your prayers? When was the last time you felt God’s presence?
- What time of day are you at your best mentally and emotionally? Could you arrange to do your Bible meditation during that time?
- This week, we will practice the 5 questions we learned on Sunday:
- What does this passage teach me about God?
- What does this passage teach me about myself, humans, and the world?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- How does this remind me of Jesus and the gospel?
- With each passage:
- What could you PRAISE God for in this passage?
- What could you REPENT of in this passage?
- Who does it bring to mind to ASK for Others?
- What do you want to pray for YOURSELF in this passage?