DAY 1 – 1 John 1 – Pray for fellowship with Christ
DAY 2 – 1 John 2:1-14 – Pray we’d live as Jesus lived
DAY 3 – 1 John 2:15-29 – Pray for we would not be led astray
DAY 4 – 1 John 3:1-10 – Pray we would not go on sinning
DAY 5 – 1 John 3:11-24 – Pray we’d love people practically
While we were not gathering in our building every week, many of us had to take responsibility for our spiritual lives in deeper way than ever before. We had to intentionally feed ourselves spiritually, when we could not depend on our Sunday School Teachers and Preachers to do so. So we’re going to send the next few weeks insuring that we know how to feed ourselves. This week, we’re going to practice Bible Meditation.
- Before reading, on a scale from 1-10, how satisfied are you with your personal time meditating on God’s Word? How much do you feel like you hear from God when you read His Word alone? How consistent are you in meditating on God’s Word?
- What time of day are you at your best mentally and emotionally? Could you arrange to do your Bible meditation during that time?
- This week, we will practice the 5 questions we learned on Sunday:
- What does this passage teach me about God?
- What does this passage teach me about myself, humans, and the world?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- How does this remind me of Jesus and the gospel?