DAY 1 – James 1:2-4 – Pray perseverance
DAY 2 – 1 Tim 4:11-16 – Pray for our Young people to persevere
DAY 3 – Prov 17:22; 18:14; Psalm 34:18 – Pray for the crushed in spirit
DAY 4 – John 16:33 – Praise Christ for his Victory
DAY 5 – Rom 12:21 – Pray Good overcomes Evil
While we were not gathering in our building every week, many of us had to take responsibility for our spiritual lives in deeper way than ever before. We have to intentionally feed ourselves spiritually if we want to PERSEVERE.
- What do you learn about God in James 1:2-4? About being human? What command can you obey? How did Jesus live out James 1:2-4 for you?
- Do you consider trials “joy”? How is that even possible? Where does James direct our eyes during trials? What do trials produce? How else can you learn endurance? How else can we be perfected?
- What does Paul charge Timothy to do? What are the verbs? How can we persevere when people look down on us? What practical actions should Timothy take to persevere? When are you doing these things?
- What is the “public reading of Scripture”? Why public not private?
- What is a crushed spirit in Prov 18:14? How can we protect our spirits from such wounds? What should the crushed in spirit do? Where is God when we’re crushed?
- Why is John 16:33 such good news? Where do you need to apply this?
- What does it mean to be “overcome by evil”? When have you been overcome? When have you let evil take over or control your actions/words? When have you been the villain in someone else’s story?
- When have you “sunk to their level”?
- How can we overcome evil with good? What have you seen someone do this? When have you seen someone forswear retaliation?